Get in touch: [email protected]
Mon-Sat 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM 🕒

Trump reassures Romania, where the US contingent is being reduced

US President Donald Trump said that the decision to reduce the number of US troops in Romania means only a “relocation” of forces.

According to “European Truth”, he said this at the White House on Friday during a meeting with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

The journalist reminded Trump that he had promised not to reduce the number of troops in Europe, while the Pentagon announced a reduction in the contingent in Romania.

“They are simply making changes. We are moving. The total number (of troops. – Ed.) remains the same, but we are moving people,” the US president replied.

Pentagon Chief Pete Hegseth added that this step was agreed with the White House and is “part of our vision for Europe.”

“And we agreed on all this with Secretary General (NATO. – Ed.) Rutte, with the whole of EUCOM (European Command of the US Armed Forces. – Ed.), with all our allies. Everyone was informed in advance,” he added.

Trump separately said that he “likes Romanians” and that his “relations with Romania are very good.”

Last week, the Romanian Ministry of Defense confirmed information that had previously appeared in the media that the US was reducing the number of its troops deployed in Europe.

The US Army Command in Europe and Africa confirmed plans to redeploy part of the military contingent from European countries, saying that there was no question of withdrawing troops.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Scroll back to top